Tuesday, January 20th, 2015
* Do not leave your keys or important documents near doors, windows or letterboxes.
* Ensure your doors and windows have good quality locks – and use them.
* Close and lock all doors and windows even if you are popping out, for a few minutes.
* Always keep sheds, garages and out buildings locked and secure.
* Cancel deliveries such as milk, when you are away from home.
* Use timers to ensure some lights come on when it is dark before you return home.
* Do not label your house keys in case they fall into the wrong hands.
* Install a Visible Intruder Alarm and set it when you leave the property.
* Be mindful when leaving messages on answerphones do not specify your return date.
* Shred any documents that contain personal information before putting in your bin.